Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery
What Is Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery?
Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery is the latest innovation in the world of cataract surgery that many people have received to resolve issues with their cataracts.
Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery uses a laser to make a more precise opening of the capsule that surrounds the human lens. It also breaks up the contents of the lens material to facilitate its removal with less energy. Finally, it makes precise corneal incisions to reduce pre-existing astigmatism.
Many patients have utilized Dr. Paul Ernest for their surgery needs because of his positive patient testimonials, commitment to the Michigan community, as well as patient-first mentality to his practice. In addition, his engineering and mathematics background prior to becoming a physician provides him with an attention to detail that is unequaled. With over 90,000 surgeries performed, if you are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable cataract surgeon then Dr. Paul Ernest is the surgeon for you!
Keep in mind, not everyone may qualify for Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery. This is something that Dr. Ernest will determine during your surgical consultation with him, during which he will run a variety of tests to better customize your potential Femtosecond Laser Surgery experience. He will spend significant time with you during your initial consultation with you to ensure the correct avenue is taken to get the job done right.
Why Would I Need This Type Of Surgery?
Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery can be an entirely helpful procedure for a variety of different people. Here is why you may want to consider this option:
● You already struggle with cataracts
● You want to see better at a single distance
● You want to see better at multiple distances
● Your primary care provider has made a cataract surgery referral
● You have not been diagnosed with cataracts yet experience instances of light sensitivity, blurred vision, double vision, and more
● You are a good candidate for both traditional and Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery and prefer the less invasive option
There are a variety of reasons why someone would get Femtosecond surgery. The only way to know for sure if Femtosecond is right for you is to talk to your doctor or trusted surgeon. Dr. Paul Ernest is an experienced cataract surgeon in the state of Michigan, is currently taking new patients and will be more than happy to discuss Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery with you!
How Is Femtosecond Laser Surgery Different From Standard Cataract Surgery?
There are a few significant differences between Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery and standard cataract surgery, including:
In traditional cataract surgery, a scalpel is used to make an incision in the eye to replace the natural lens and place the artificial one. However, in Femtosecond, a fine point laser is used to make an incision. In both cases, however, a skilled cataract surgeon is needed.
Because traditional cataract surgery and Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery are different procedures, you may only qualify for one or the other. This is highly customized and relative, based on your own health needs. Your candidacy for either surgery will be decided by a cataract surgeon during your initial consultation.
Current Vision Health
Some patients seek out Femtosecond Laser Surgery because they have certain conditions that may require the laser approach. One of the most common vision conditions is astigmatism, and at times, patients with this condition are good candidates for this option.
Because Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery is a new, innovative procedure that requires lasers, most of the time a patient’s insurance will not cover the cost of the operation. At times, Femtosecond Laser Surgery tends to be more expensive than traditional cataract surgery.
Am I A Good Candidate For Cataract Surgery?
Another important aspect to Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery is determining whether this specific type of surgery is the best operation for you, your health, and your lifestyle. If you are already diagnosed with cataracts, cataract surgery is a likely option.
Cataract surgery is a very common operation that many people over the age of forty will have performed in an attempt to better their vision by replacing their natural, cloudy lenses with new artificial ones. Keep in mind, there are a variety of lens options for patients with cataracts, and some are not covered by insurance. During your consultation with Dr. Paul Ernest, he will run diagnostic tests to determine which lens option is the best for you and your vision needs.
However, there is no way to know whether or not you will be a good candidate for laser cataract surgery or even traditional cataract surgery without the opinion of a medical professional. Medical professionals are the only people who can give you a referral for surgery or offer their opinion on your candidacy for certain surgeries, cataract surgery included.
Dr. Paul Ernest – Experienced Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgeon
Dr. Paul Ernest is well known for performing Michigan Femtosecond Laser Cataract Surgery for people in almost every area of the country. But why should you have Dr. Paul Ernest perform your next cataract surgery? There is a number of reasons why Dr. Paul Ernest is the best Femtosecond surgeon, including:
● His experience: Dr. Paul Ernest is a cataract surgeon you can trust because of his decades long experience performing high quality operations. Since 1978, Dr. Paul Ernest has performed over 90,000 successful cataract surgeries
● His research: When he is not helping patients, Dr. Paul Ernest is researching the latest innovations in the field of cataract surgery. He is a lifelong learner with an engineering and mathematics background who dedicates himself to keeping his practices up to date with modern techniques and methods
● His commitment to the community: From his medical school days to his current practice, Dr. Paul Ernest has made it his mission to provide the very best surgical care to his patients.
● His willingness to help any and all patients: Dr. Paul Ernest understands that surgery can be a physical, emotional, and financial hurdle for some of his patients, and he is here to help. Beginning with the initial consultation and continuing into post-surgery care, Dr. Paul Ernest is here to help out in any way he can
If you are interested in scheduling a consultation with Dr. Paul Ernest, visit our Contact page or please give us a call at (877) 852-8463 today!