Jackson Cataract Surgeon
Looking For A Cataract Surgeon For Your Vision Needs? Meet Dr. Paul Ernest!
If you are interested in learning more about cataract surgery or are looking for a Jackson Cataract Surgeon to perform the procedure, look no further than Dr. Paul Ernest. With decades of experience helping folks in the Michigan area, Dr. Ernest is an excellent choice for you to consult with!
Specializing in refractive lens surgery and cataract surgery, Dr. Paul Ernest is dedicated to serving a diverse array of community members. So whether you are doing research on an experienced Jackson Cataract Surgeon for your own needs or for a loved one, Dr. Ernest is here to help.
Ultimately, Dr. Paul Ernest is a cataract surgeon and refractive specialist that prioritizes patients first above all. So, when deciding which cataract surgeon you and your family will consult with, consider Dr. Paul Ernest to help you with your vision needs!
1116 W. Ganson Street
Jackson, MI 49202
Patients First – What Kind Of Cataract Surgeon Will Best Suit My Needs As A Patient?
One thing to consider when doing research on cataract surgeons is how the surgeon treats their patients throughout the journey of cataract surgery. That is, do they take the time to sit down with the patient to understand their wants, needs, and comfortability? Are they responsive and open to answering patient’s questions and discussing their concerns?
Here are some of the qualities and characteristics you want to look for in a Jackson MI Cataract Surgeon:
- Asks you about your health, including current lifestyle: Your typical Jackson MI Cataract Surgeon will ask you about your health history, but at times can overlook your current lifestyle. That is where Dr. Paul Ernest comes in – he customizes each and every patient’s surgery so that it will fit best with the lifestyle they currently lead!
- Makes sure you are comfortable with each step of the surgery: Jackson Cataract Surgeon Paul Ernest understands that surgery can sometimes be an intimidating and at times unsettling experience for some patients. That is why he takes the time to go step by step through what patients can expect from the surgery, as well as make any modifications in order to ensure the comfortability of his patients!
- Follows up after your cataract surgery: Another aspect to the surgery process is having a physician who will not only perform your procedure, but who will also follow up with you to check up on your progress. Instead of having you go see a different ophthalmologist, Dr. Paul Ernest will be there for you after your surgery to track how you are doing. This is something that truly sets Dr. Paul Ernest aside from the rest!
- Provides experienced and knowledgeable innovative surgical care: Medicine and surgery are two constantly evolving practices – and Jackson Cataract Surgeon Dr. Paul Ernest understands this. That is why he has dedicated his career to researching the best and most modern technologies to implement in his procedures. Jackson Cataract Surgeon Dr. Paul Ernest is a lifelong learner.
Dr. Paul Ernest provides all of the above, and more, to his past, present, and future cataract surgery patients.
Considering Lifestyle – What Kind Of Lens Options Will My Cataract Surgeon In Jackson, MI Discuss With Me?
Did you know that there are a variety of different lens options for your cataract surgery? Fortunately, Jackson Cataract Surgeon Dr. Paul Ernest is well versed and knowledgeable of the most popular lens options for all kinds of patients.
Something that Dr. Paul Ernest will talk about lifestyle with his patients. For example, if you are someone who has to drive during the night, who frequently reads during your leisurely time, and so on, Dr. Paul Ernest will select the best lens option for your specific needs. As a result, your current vision can be sharpened in a way that is complementary to your lifestyle!
Dr. Paul Ernest, premier Cataract Surgeon In Jackson Michigan, will go through a variety of different lens options with his patients, including:
- Monofocal lenses: These are artificial lenses that will replace your cloudy, natural ones and equip you with sharper focus at a single distance. For example, if you struggle with far-sightedness, monofocal lenses can help correct your vision at this distance!
- Trifocal lenses: If you are someone who struggles to see at multiple distances and have a lifestyle that requires this type of lens, trifocal lenses might be the best fit for you. Trifocal lenses, unlike monofocal lenses, enable patients to see from multiple distances.
- Toric lenses: There is also an option to have either of the above lens options be fit for patients who struggle with astigmatism. This is known as toric lenses. If you do not know if you have an astigmatism, Cataract Surgeon In Jackson, MI Dr. Paul Ernest’s initial comprehensive exam will test you for it!
How To Best Prepare For Your Procedure With Dr. Ernest
There are some things to keep in mind when preparing for your cataract surgery. Keep in mind however, these measures are highly relative and thus will change depending on who you are as a patient. Because everyone is different, Jackson Cataract Surgeon Dr. Paul Ernest may instruct you otherwise.
In general, however, Jackson Cataract Surgeon Dr. Paul Ernest may advise you to do the following to best prepare for your cataract surgery:
- Get a good night’s rest the night before surgery
- Be prepared to not eat or drink anything approximately twelve hours before surgery
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get to your appointment
- Have a family member or close friend drive you to and from your surgery
- Be sure to have a friend or family member ready to help you at home after the surgery
Remember, premier Cataract Surgeon In Jackson Michigan Dr. Paul Ernest will go through how to best prepare for your surgery much more in depth during your consultation. He will provide you with helpful documents on the day of your cataract surgery! Keep in mind, some patients may have longer recovery times than others and may have other instructions to prepare for their surgery that are not listed above.
Give Us A Call Today To Schedule Your Appointment With Dr. Paul Ernest
Please give Jackson Cataract Surgeon Dr. Paul Ernest a call any time during regular business hours at (877) 852-8463 to schedule an appointment.
Please be sure to leave a message indicating that you are interested in meeting with Dr. Ernest if we do not pick up and we will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible! You may also visit our frequently asked questions page to learn more!